Realizations

As they say, “Man is an empty shell filled only with endless wants and desires…:

Actually, that’s just my saying. But my point is how do you differentiate the things you need from the things you want? Or better yet, the people you need and the people you desire?

Let us define the terms shall we?

need (nēd)
n.
1. A condition or situation in which something is required or wanted: crops in need of water; a need for affection.
2. Something required or wanted; a requisite: “Those of us who led the charge for these women's issues … shared a common vision in the needs of women” (Olympia Snowe).
3. Necessity; obligation: There is no need for you to go.
4. A condition of poverty or misfortune: The family is in dire need.

want (wŏnt, wônt)
n.
1. The condition or quality of lacking something usual or necessary: stayed home for want of anything better to do.
2. Pressing need; destitution: lives in want.
3. Something desired: a person of few wants and needs.
4. A defect of character; a fault.

Ok I am now more confused. But from my point of you need is something you can’t live without and want is something you can live without, such a simple definition don’t you think but it all fits.

There are things in my life that I want and there are things that I need. The problem is my wants is overpowering and overpowers my needs that I neglect and poorly prioritize things. I am quite aware that there are things and maybe even people perhaps that distract me from reaching my goals.

But again what are my goals? Ayayayay…. This is a complete dilemma.

But again you might ask what the connection is between wants and needs to priorities? Well, I see my needs as my priorities and my wants as complete nuisance.

My gosh… I really have to settle my priorities first before I turn to something I hate the most: a blood-sucking empty-headed dumb couch potato. Poor me…

No comments: